Beginner's Quick Start Guide

Index:
Introduction
Why Learn C++?
What you'll need
About the forum
What's next?

Introduction:
Do you want to learn C++, but have no idea where to start, well this guide is for you. If you also are simply looking for beginner level guides, tutorials, books, etc. this guide might be able to help you as well. It is my hope that by the end of this guide any newcomers will have a good idea of what to learn and how to get started.

Why Learn C++?
As many of you probably already know, this is a gamehacking forum, so you are most likely here to learn how to create gamehacks. Well in that case it is well known that most gamehacks are coded in C++. It should come as no surprise to you that one of the best languages to code gamehacks is the very same language used to program the games you want to hack. (surprise... surprise) If you don't understand what programming is or what a programming language is then consult the FAQ. If at anytime you don't understand a concept there will most likely be a FAQ to help you. If not just post a question and one of the more experienced members should help you out.

What you'll need:
Compilers
Visual Studios 2008 Express The free version of Visual Studios, this compiler is capable of handling large projects very easily, as well as importing a variety of SDK's, it contains so many features it would be impossible to list them all. I wouldn't recommend using this compiler when first learning C++, because learning just how to use VS could interfere with learning C++. However there are a few who start off with this compiler right away. If you decide to go ahead and start off with VS it will keep you from having to learn how to use VS later on, like I am having to do now. In the end every programmer advances to VS, whether you want to jump right in or simply wait to learn the basics first is just a style preference.

Dev-C++ A very simple IDE to start off with. It's good for beginners. It allow your to quicky test codes right away without having to worry about to many elaborate features.

Other: Code::Blocks, Eclipse C/C++

Books
Amazon.com: C++ Primer Plus (5th Edition): Stephen Prata: Books
Amazon.com: C++ Primer Plus (5th Edition): Stephen Prata: Books
Amazon.com: C++: A Beginner's Guide, Second Edition (0783254043275): Herbert Schildt: Books
Online Tutorials/ebooks
C++ Language Tutorial
C++ Beginner's Guide
BluePortal.com This site is a ***** to navigate through, but if you look it has tons of free stuff.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cfhacks.worldcupboard.net
cracker6686sara

PostSubject: Re: Beginning C++ Starter Guide    Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:13 pm

ahhhh, in-put. i love in-put. i will be jumping right on this when my computer arrives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beginning C++ Starter Guide    Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:23 pm

kool i am still learning cuz i started jumping in to a hotkey bass and working with it adding hack to it studing code but now i up with menus lol

Back to top Go down
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Beginning C++ Starter Guide    Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Admin wrote:
kool i am still learning cuz i started jumping in to a hotkey bass and working with it adding hack to it studing code but now i up with menus lol

is this how u learned to code hotkey pubs?

Made by Me =P ^.^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beginning C++ Starter Guide    Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:01 pm

yes i study a lot of hotkey bases

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginning C++ Starter Guide    

Back to top Go down